- Your Instagram account should be a Business type. ake sure it is NOT a Creator or Personal account.
You can check that on Instagram.com by clicking Settings >> Account >> Switch account type
If you see only personal and creator options, it means the Instagram account is correctly set as Business. If not, switch to a business account.
1. Find Instagramer Comments in Freshworks Marketplace and click on
3. Click "Try for free" and then "Install" on the next steps:
4. Complete the installation by pressing "Install":
5. - Paste your API key, which can be found in your profile settings;
- Enter your Freshdesk subdomain name (without freshdesk.com and https parts, just the name);
- Fill in the "E-mail" field;
- click on the blue Save button first and only then in the lower right corner:
6. You can add several accounts in the Instagram Comments settings. Make sure you go through all the steps needed:
- enter your Instagram account name;
- leave your contact e-mail;
- click on "Continue with Facebook" >> "Edit previous settings":
7. Select "Opt in to current Pages/Instagram Accounts only" and select all Facebook pages and all Instagram accounts you want to receive messages from, if you have more than one:
8. Confirm the granted permissions on the next step by clicking Save:
9. You'll be redirected to the Instagramer Comments Account settings. Select the FB page associated with the account you're connecting from the drop-down list:
10. Don't forget to save the changes! Click on the blue "Save" button first and only then Save in the lower right corner.
You can set up tags, a subject prefix that will be applied to tickets and enable/disable certain message types:
You can configure the required custom fields and set custom ticket source in the "General settings" tab:
Please reach our support if there're any questions left!